December 29, 2014

"Some things are more precious" art journal page

I've taken the plunge and am working in a larger journal now.  I thought this would be a bit intimidating, but I actually love it!  It's 23cm x 30cm (46cm x 30cm double page) and just gives me more freedom; more space to add elements and play with texture without it feeling crowded.

This is the page I did on Saturday,,,


And a few close ups...




I saw this video of Donna Downey's and just had to buy some pouring medium and have a play!  Loving the result.  It's very tactile, because even with layers of pouring medium making it shiny and beautiful, the stenciled molding paste and other elements can still be felt easily.

There is quite a bit I want to journal about the inspiration for this page (the quote), but I'll include it on the reverse of the right hand page then probably stitch the next page to it in a couple of places so if need be I can un-stitch and read it, but for the most part it will become hidden journaling.


No comments:

Post a Comment