April 30, 2016

Okay Lara, step away from the junk food!

It’s been two weeks since the Nabba-WFF West Auckland Bodybuilding Champs and I’ve been relaxing, refuelling and renewing my energy.  J

I’ve also been working on a strategy for the next six months.  I want to make some real changes for Nationals in October and the only way those changes will happen is if I have a plan in place, starting now.  So, it’s back into good clean eating and training with purpose!

When you have a goal you need to give yourself the best chance of attaining it.  That means being clear on the steps you need to take, working hard and keeping positive.  

I’ve got a pretty good understanding of training and nutrition, but with a bigger goal I wanted to know more detail, so I sat with my PT yesterday and gleaned some more knowledge.  For me that information is vital.  It sets a clear path and I’m really excited to see how things unfold over the coming weeks and months! 

Another key thing that I have been working on setting, or resetting, is the way I think about food.  When I make the decision to turn down particular foods it’s so easy to think that I’m missing out.  But the reality is I have much more to gain by eating clean and reaching the goals I set for myself, than what I am missing out on.  This way of thinking doesn’t necessarily come easy though… after all, I love me a bowl or two of ice cream!  But I’m learning to look at the bigger picture. 


Some days can be tougher than others, so I’ve been gathering a few recipes that I can use to satisfy any cravings without being detrimental to my goals. 

Today I made Chocolate Protein Banana Bread (recipe here).  I have made this before but it came out a little stodgy so this time I added a small teaspoon of baking powder and it’s much better.  Mine looks nothing like the picture in the recipe (in fact mine looks a little more like meatloaf, lol), but it’s tasty so I’ll keep it in my repertoire.  


I used BioX Rocky Road protein which I was given as my prize at the Bonanza in December.  It's a big tub and because it's very sweet (even for me) I still have plenty to use up.  I actually find it too sweet as a shake but it's a bonus to have on hand for other recipes!

Do some research; ask questions; make a plan; work hard; smile  J  xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment