There's only 1 ½ weeks until the big day and I’m
pumped!!! :-) :-) :-)
It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve worked hard and I’m so excited! To get back on the stage and show some muscle
has me smiling inside :-) I’m not one
that naturally likes the limelight so I never thought I’d hear myself talking
about the enjoyment of being on a stage, but when you find something you really
enjoy and you have a sense of self-pride about what you’ve achieved, it’s nice
to have a few minutes to show your peeps.
In this sport that means being on the stage and learning to show off a
bit ;-) I’m looking forward to sharing
the day with some awesome people, people who have given their all to training
hard, eating right, and doing what they love to do. Yippee!
So, what have I been doing since the last post?
Training, eating, training, sleeping, training, eating,
training, sleeping, hahaha!
| (today, as an example - cardio before and after work, leg session at lunchtime, posing and routine practice after dinner) |
It really honestly does take commitment and passion to do
this. You’ve GOT to want it. I had a couple of tough weeks recently where
I just kept finding myself not quite doing enough of what I should be doing; my
head wasn’t quite in the game; I was procrastinating quite a bit. At that time you need someone to tell
you how it is; someone to make you realise that if you want it, you’ve got to
put in the hard yards. Luckily I’ve got a
few awesome people who got me back on track mentally and once that switch in my
head clicked, the physical desire to work my ass off came back.
Bodybuilding isn’t for everyone, I realise that, but try
some stuff. Find something you enjoy,
and really ENJOY it. Enjoy the learning,
enjoy the hard parts, and enjoy the way it makes you feel. Strong, supple, relaxed, confident, fast,
whatever it is, enjoy it :-)
Build each other up! If
you know someone that is working towards a goal, encourage them and let them
know you are proud of what they are doing.
It doesn’t have to be a goal that you would aspire to, it doesn’t even
have to be in an area that you enjoy, but we all need support and encouragement
and your little words might be just what they need to hear that day :-)
We should recognise when people are doing good things and
tell them. I’m not just talking about
women encouraging women, but people encouraging people. Use social
media, tell them in person or go old school and post a little note! <3
** Time has flown by and I haven’t been updating this blog
as often as I had intended to, but somehow that just fits with what life is
like sometimes for me. Competition
preparation has to take priority so forgive me, lol. xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment