January 12, 2014

Project life - week 1

Yay, week 1 completed!  I did get rid of a couple of 'filler' photos because they didn't end up being needed, and the details are still included in the journalling so I'm happy.  I like the look of having a card or two which are there just for colour or because they are pretty (after all, who doesn't like all the pretty product!) and this week that is the 'family' card. 


 I love stitching on my layouts and project life cards, but because I'm trying not to over-complicate the process, I'm choosing a couple of little details to do, like zigzag stitching the wood veneer arrows. Very happy with that tiny detail :-)


Today I'm planning to take a photo or two of myself with my kids to include on (and finish) my title page.  I'm also working on the reverse side of my title page which will include pieces of my personal manifesto for this year (a work in progress).  I've not written one before but I love the idea, and I'm really keen to have it included within my project life album.  I like this sentence from Zach Sumner: "When you're going through something tough, isn't it difficult to have and hold a steady, objective mind?  With a manifesto, it's like you always have access to a calmer, more rational you".  I liked how he defines what a manifesto is and the benefits of having one.  There's LOTS of information out there about manifestos and I'll post more links as I progress in case you're interested.

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! x

2 comments:

  1. I love Project Life and yours is starting out to be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika. I had a look at your blog - your art is great!

      Delete