January 9, 2014

Project life

To kick-start my project life habits for this year I joined Studio Calico's 'Day by Day' class which is so exciting!  I'm loving the inspiration and community of the hosts and other participants.  Thanks everyone!

So far I have my title page done except I want to add a photo of my kids and I together.  Once I've done that I'll show you.  At the moment I'm trying to nut out a couple of little things which are holding me back from completing my week 1 spread.

1.  I'm going to print a couple of test runs tomorrow of re-sized verticle photos to see if I prefer them smaller than 3x4.  I do like the look of other people's small photos with a card behind.

2.  I often have a problem with my photos being a little bit dark once they are printed.  On my computer screen they look fine, but sometimes come out darker at the printers.  I'd much prefer them a little lighter, so am doing a few tests with a couple of photos from last week so I can get a clearer idea of how to fix this.  I just find it frustrating to not be happy with the photos when I pick them up from the printer; I really want to work on them straight away, lol!  One day I hope to have the opportunity to have a good printer at home for my project life photos - heaven!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this beautiful sunrise from yesterday x


No comments:

Post a Comment