February 15, 2016

Knees!

This morning was a BIG reminder to take care of my joints, and my knees in particular.  Because I haven’t been running as much lately I have neglected doing the stretches and effective rolling to keep my legs and knees in tip top condition.  With all the stairs on today’s bush trail run, by the end my knees were so sore!  It’s the downhill / downstairs that do it.  So I have my magnesium out on the bench to start taking again, and have re-instilled in my mind the importance of those stretches and rolling.

I actually learned last week that I shouldn’t really be using running as my main cardio leading up to a bodybuilding competition, but I have been finding it really hard not to run.  I love the fitness that I have gained from running and the shear sense of success that I get every time I get out there.  So I will fit some runs in.  I just will make sure that it’s not my main cardio source, and that I’m doing just as much on the cross-trainer and bike.  

Last week I had a work conference which included two dinners out and meals supplied during the day.  I made pretty good choices; apart from a light beer, sparkling water was my drink of choice.  I even managed to resist ALL the lollies that were on the conference tables each day!  

Nine weeks to go and I know it will fly by!  

Live your dreams :-) xx

Part of the bush trail runs along the waters edge - this morning it was lovely to see this
This morning's run - half way

No comments:

Post a Comment